What We Do
The DreamBig™ Grant was created to help nonprofits apply creative technology solutions to their organizations.
Technology has the potential to transform the operations of shelters, food pantries, workforce development programs, and more. Many nonprofits struggle with optimizing their client facing services due to a backlog of manual administrative work, but technology can expedite these processes.
The DreamBig™ Grant gives organizations the opportunity to leverage technology for simplified client onboarding, tracking client journeys and outcomes, donor management, and measuring missions impact. This grant is one of the few grant opportunities that focuses on nonprofits getting and using software technologies (plus IT hours) to help fulfill their missions.
DreamBig™ for Social Justice 2022
Applications Open: December 1, 2021 - February 25, 2022
Start thinking how data and technology can grow the impact of your social justice nonprofit. Our experienced TechBridge teams will evaluate your idea for estimate costs.
Interested in applying for the grant?
Fill out the short form below so we can stay in touch with you and keep you informed on the latest announcements about the grant: when applications open, frequently asked questions, etc.
1) Organization is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service:
- Nonprofit organization must be classified by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the I.R.S. code as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, donations to which are deductible as charitable contributions under Section 170 (c)(2), and the I.R.S. determination must be current
- Nonprofit organization must have a minimum two-year operating history after the date of receipt of its 501(c)(3) classification
2) Organization is focused on Social Justice:
- BIPOC led or BIPOC serving organizations: Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Latinx, Asian American, Pacific Islander
- Civil Rights Organizations
- Legal Services Organizations
- Criminal Justice Organizations
- Civic engagement/Voter Rights/Voter Mobilization organization
- Organizations serving New Americans (Immigrants/Refugees)
- Organizations focused on climate/environmental justice
- Organizations serving the LGBTQIA+ community
- Organizations serving those with different abilities
3) Ineligible Organizations
- Private and publicly funded school K-12 school or an institution of higher learning. (This does not include nonprofit charter schools);
- Exclusively raises funds for publicly funded schools (K-12), institutions of higher learning and/or government agencies; and/or
- Requires participation in religious services and/or education as a condition of receiving services;
4) Organization Details
- Nonprofit organization must have at least five (5) full-time paid employees or Full Time Equivalents (FTE), paid minimum wage or more, working at least 35 hours per week or two employees working a combined 35 hours per week, all classified as a W-2 employee for the 12 months prior to submitting an application (please note that contractors or consultants do not count toward this requirement)
- Nonprofit organization must have annual operating expenses greater than $2,000,000 as reflected in the most recently filed I.R.S. Form 990 (click here for more information on Form 990: https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-NonProfits/Form-990-Resources-and-Tools);
- Organization follows EEOC guidelines and provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
How does DreamBig funding work?
- TechBridge to fund 80% of the project and your nonprofit funds 20% through its other funders.